- "I am having problems with the online waiver, what should I do"? If you can; print it, sign it and bring it with you. We also have extra copies on the boat just let your captain know.
- Do you clean, package and put our fish on ice? Yes, If requested we will fillet your catch on the boat, bag it and put it on ice while you fish. We do not come in early to fillet your catch on the dock while you wait. Bring a cooler with ice in your vehicle for transport of catch.
- Do you know of any local restaurants that will cook our fish? At this time No, due to food safety laws most restaurants will not take fish that is brought in.
-You need to know the last 4 of SSN# to purchase a fishing license for all ages.
- Can you ship our catch to our residence? No, and at this time Perfect Cuts no longer does shipping, we have called around are still on the lookout for someone who will provide this service for you all
-Do you give a refund if no fish are caught? No, I'm sorry we do not, our guides are very skilled fishermen and work hard to get fish on the boat for you, but even with all the skill it is still called fishing and not called catching and it it not a guaranteed sport.
- If we are staying at "The Lodge at Whitefish Lake" can you pick us up at their dock? Yes, call to let us know ahead of time.
- Can you pick us up at our hotel? No, there are local shuttle and taxi services available as well as Uber. If you are staying at Grouse Mountain Lodge enquire at front desk about their shuttle to Whitefish State Park.
- What is the cost for 3 adults and two children on a half day charter? That would be 5 people so $500
- When is the best time to fish? Anytime, best bite is typically morning and evening.
- What species? and how big? Lake Superior Whitefish 2 - 5lbs. avg.; Lake Trout (Mackinaw) 2 - 10lbs. avg.; Norhtern Pike 2 - 10lbs. avg.
- How much does a fishing license cost? A fishing license consists of a conservation license, aquatic invasive species prevention pass and base fishing license. Cost is subject to change per FWP regulations, check with them to confirm.
Resident or Non-Resident: Age 0-11yo.- No license required. FREE fishing Saturday and Sunday of Fathers Day weekend - no license required. Must observe all limits and regulations; must be accompanied by licensed adult.
For NON-RESIDENT: Conservation license: $10, Aquatic Invasive Species permit = $7.50; Base Fishing License: 2 consecutive calendar days = $25; 10 consecutive days = $56; Season (March 1st - Feb. 28th of the following year) = $86.
Example: 21 yo Non-resident 2day license would cost $10+$15+$25 = $50.00
Is a fishing license included in the cost of a charter? No, BRING YOUR FISHING LICENSE WITH YOU.
Where can I purchase a fishing license? Locally at Snappy's Sports Senter, Sportsman's and Ski Haus, Cabelas, Walmart or you can purchase them online at: https://ols.fwp.mt.gov/
- How many fish can we keep per license? See MT Fish and Wildlife regulations for complete details.
Flathead Lake ---------north of Flathead Indian Reservation boundary • Catch-and-release for Cutthroat Trout. • Lake Trout: 100 daily and in possession, only 1 over 36 inches, and all fish 30 to 36 inches must be released. • Lake Whitefish: 100 daily and in possession. Northern Pike: 15 daily.
Whitefish Lake –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– • Lake Trout: 20 daily and in possession, only 1 over 36 inches. All fish 30 to 36 inches must be released. Whitefish: 20 daily. Northern Pike: 15 daily.
- Where do we meet? See link for map:
Whitefish Lake - Whitefish Lake State Park
Flathead Lake - Somers, MT, Flathead Lake Boat Ramp
-Where do we park? There is designated parking next to the Somers boat access, it can get very busy in the summer so come early to find parking. The Somers boat access is located off US 93. There is a public dock and bathrooms and the guide will be waiting for you at the dock.
-What time? Charters depart at 7:30am and 1:30pm
-Is there an age limit? No we can accommodate all ages young and old, you know your kids better than we do and if you think they will have fun they are welcome! There are hooks and sharp objects on the boat so please keep a very close eye on your younger children as the captain will be very busy. A little trick to keeping the little ones happy is also SNACKS! Feel free to bring as much as you need for the littles.
-When planning travel time to get to the boat launch we ask you to leave early enough to have time to find parking as sometimes in the summer it can be a very popular spot and you might have to park a little ways away from the dock.
-Can I bring my dog? Yes, as long as your dog is well mannered and trained we are happy to have them on the boat.
-When do I pay for my charter? Payment is due at time of booking, we accept all major credit cards and there is a transaction fee when booking online. We have a 48 hour cancellation policy where we give a full refund when notified of needing to cancel but after that window we still have to pay the guide and we do not give a refund.
- Can I bring alcohol? Yes, we just ask you please drink responsibly.
-What do we need to bring? Please dress for the weather, we recommend coming prepared with layers especially for the morning charters and of course sunglasses and hat if you want. We provide all your fishing tackle, and gear. Cold drinks and some simple snacks are provided. Feel free to also bring lunch stuff of your own and snacks. Talk about lunch options for full day charters when booking.